Monday, 27 February 2017

Wellness post - Helping my allergies

Ladies 


If you know in past post you know I'm a big allergy suffer, like when it's my peak of my allergies I need stronger meds than just over the counter. I'm pretty much allergic to anything that grows in the spring (trees and their pollen, grass, some flowers, wag-weed etc)  I'm so sensitive to grass that I can't touch it because I can get hives. I'm also allergic to the sun ( Polymorphous light eruption which is also commonly know as photosensitivy )  I've had it since I was a kid and it sucks balls, I get hives and it's itchy I have this till my body gets use to the sun's rays. 

So any help than I can get with my allergies I'll take it, so help of my mom and doing some Q&A's with people and doing some research myself. They recommended these 2 products so now I've started to use them and so far I've notice a difference. Mostly I've notice the difference before and while I'm in bed, I'm more calm and relaxed. As far as my allergies they haven't started so far yet, I'm a little stuffy but I'm not at peak allergy season yet. I will be doing an updated post to this when it's allergy season, to see if they truly do work for me I'm hoping it does. 



Essential Oil Defuser Benefits : 


  1.  Sleep / Relaxation 
  2.  Mood Elevating 
  3. Ward off illness 
  4. Helps you breath easier 
  5. Pain Relief 
  6. Improve Cognitive function 
  7. Safer than candles and incenses 
  8. Repels insects 
  9. Keeps the room cool 
  10. Saves money 
The Peaceful night oil from * now my mom and I share that one between our rooms, we just picked that up at our local health food store.  The Saje one is specifically for me if you remember from past post I'm a huge allergy suffer. So when I heard that I could get some help just from essential oils I was ready to try it. My allergies are just starting now and will last all summer till about late August, but from April till about July my head feels like it's going to explode.  So far I notice a difference when I sleep it I feel more energized and can breath easier if I'm stuffed up. I will keep you posted if it really does help when it comes down to peak allergy season for me. As far as my defuser I got it at my local health food store, but you can also go to Saje store or go online and pick one up they range in price and shape. 


Now for the salt lamp, we got ours at Costco's in a pack of 2, my mom has the other in my room. I wanted to try it out because I can get all the help I can get with my allergies.  So far I like it in my room it's on all the time and really once I got use to it, at night the light now is soothing to fall asleep too. Also our lamps come with a dimmer, so you can have it as bright or as low as you would like it.

Himalayan Salt Lamp Benefits : 

  1. Great low-light or night light 
  2. Improves air quality 
  3. Light and colour therapy 
  4. Soothing for Allergies 

Things to look for in a salt lap : 


  • Orange Color– Darker  lamps are typically are considered higher quality. Lamps should specify that they are 100% Himalayan salt, as imitations can mean lower quality of salt.


  • Size– Smaller lamps weight about 5-6 pounds while larger ones can weigh up to 50 plus. One general rule is that 1 pound of salt will filter approximately a 4×4 area of a room. Smaller lamps are typically much less expensive, so we keep 1-2 in a room if the room is on the larger side. 
  • Rough Surface– The surface area of a salt lamp determines its hygroscopic potential. Rougher lamps have a higher surface area than smooth and polished lamps and are more effective at improving air quality.
  • Bulb– The hygroscopic benefits are due to the salt and heat together so it is important to use a heat-producing bulb. LED don't work in these types of products, you can go to manufacture to see for replacements. 




No comments:

Post a Comment