Thursday, 9 July 2015

Smoothie making !!


Ladies 

Since we had smoothie day with the kids, for the end of the school year treat. I’ve been hooked on smoothies mostly berry ones. Haven’t been brave enough to go spinach, with the kids at work I had one with spinach didn’t mind it. Baby steps I guess to do a full green smoothie, there is something about the swamp green I guess lol. I don't have a fancy blender or anything just use my stick blender (Immersion blender).One cool thing is my stick blender came with a cup, with a lid which comes in handy with storing smoothies and salad dressings in the fridge. 

So I’m gonna share with you my smoothie recipe! Hope you guys enjoy the easy recipe it’s fast and simple. I’m gonna try it with frozen berries soon I’ll let you know how that works compared to fresh berries. Also if you have a farmers market near you, go check out some local produce. Share with me your favourite smoothie combination would love to try some new ones! 

What you will need : 

  • 1 Banana sliced 
  • 2 splashes of juice I used Orange juice with pulp 
  • 2 handfuls of blueberries 
  • 1 ½  handful of raspberries or blackberries 
  • 5-6 strawberries depending on their size
  • Also added 2 spoonfuls of yogurt I used vanilla but you can also use plane. 




Stick it into your blender or cup, blend till smooth. The cup that came with my stick blender has measurements on the side. The amount that I have in my cup before blending gives me about 21/22 oz. I can get days out of my smoothies with one cup that I made for that day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment