Monday, 17 November 2014

Lip scrub Body shop vs ELF

Ladies 


Recently I just picked up the ELF lip scrub, I've heard so many people on blogs/youtube that love it. So our local Target got some ELF products in don't know if it promo for christmas time or it's a long term thing. I had the body shop scruff at home, but needed a back up so I picked up the ELF one. Also couldn't say no because its $ 4 CAN, compared to the $13 at the body shop. So I'm gonna break it down for you guys, I'm doing a rating for each. They both have some good points and lows, also one has a lot less ingredients than the other. They are both cruelty free and don't test on fuzzy creatures !! 

ELF Scrub 4/5 - This is more shaped like a lipstick bullet, you can see all the little grains in the tube.It tells you to have damp lips before applying it to your lips, when your done scrubbing you use a cotton round to wipe the residue off. Found after using this my lips were very smooth but needed a little more help with the lip balm after, compared to the body shop. It's more a lighter formula than the body shop base. I have to use lip balm with this because I find with wiping off the extra tends to dry your lips out more with the water. So I use my Burts Bee's ultra conditioning lip balm to give me some extra moisture, find need that with this lighter scrub. 

Body Shop 3.5/5  - The first thing I wish with this it can be grainier texture. Found that further down I got the further space out the grains were to scrub dead skin off my lips. The base of this is creamy and buttery makes your lips very conditioned.  After your done applying this you just rub your lips together. Than take off some of the residue with a tissue, I let it sit for a few minutes before wiping some the residue so it can condition my lips a little more. My lips are silky and soft I apply vaseline lip balm right after. Found out that the vaseline just works better than a waxy lip balm also it's a little lighter than a heavy lip balm. 

* listed ingredients below 

ELF scrub is $4.00 CAN and Body shop $13 CAN
** If your in Canada it's on sale right now for $ 7.80 CAN


Ingredients for ELF scrub  4.4g: Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance (Parfum), Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)

Body shop Ingredients 4g: Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ethyl Macadamiate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Beeswax, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Bis-PEG-12 Dimethicone Candelillate, Polyethylene, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Lanolin Oil, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Powder, Boron Nitride, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

**** March 11th, 2013 Europe isn't aloud to test on animals any more. 
Body shop :

E.L.F 

Burts Bee's : 

Have you use tried one or both.. let me know what you think of scrubs ?


♥︎ KT 





6 comments:

  1. oooh im intrigued to try this now! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/11/mydorothymoment-win-with-dorothy-perkins.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great products, it all depends how you like your scrubs. Also I'd actually cary both of these, I recently just stuck one in my purse for over the weekend.

      Delete
  2. I hate how The Body Shop products are so overpriced and full of crap! I have never found a lip scrub that does a really good job, I make my own with brown sugar and coconut oil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are but I have no time to make my own lol

      Delete
  3. love body shop products, but i haven't tried their lip scrub. thank you for sharing!
    i'm following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome.. I like using the body shop one at night because it's a little more conditioning. Thanks for the kind words... you now can follow me also on FB too

      Delete