Monday, 27 October 2014

Battle of finding the right foundation/ BB cream !


Lovelies 

Hey ladies if you have kept up on my post, I've talked about problems with my skin that I've been having since I hit my mid 20's. I had a chemical burn around my eyes from make up remover wipes, had to go on medication to make that go away. I was talking to my doctor about what kind of make up I was using. He said I should look into more higher end make up that have less bad ingredients in them and more better ones. He told me that it would benefit me down the road to start switching my make up and other products to better ones for my skin now than later. I fully agreed with him, but than again he is a doctor and he doesn't know how much higher end make up cost. But I think if I want to save my skin from breaking out and redness and drugs to keep reactions down. It's so worth it in my eye, so I took a trip to Sephora, but when I did some research on their website on what products I should test out first. That way I wasn't overwhelmed by all their foundations. I went in told the girl that helped me out what ones I was looking at, than we went from there. What shades I needed she coloured matched me than told me some good alternatives  and helpful hints with each product. So here are the 3 we came up with that best suited my needs, what are some of your favourite foundations they can also be drug store ? ♥︎ KT 

Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 -  First thought of this on my face.. OMG it feels amazing, it was weightless on my skin never had that feeling before.  I just used my fingers to blend this into my face, I used angled foundation brush to get it well blended in. I didn't find that if you had normal/dry skin you would have to set this with a powder, but seeing I'm oily/combo I just set my T-zone with a little Ben Nye banana powder. Will probably be adding this at some point to my collection. 


How this wore :  I wore this product out for drinks with friends I applied it at 9pm and it lasted all the way till 5am. I didn't bring any powder with me to touch up, there was some fading but only where friends kissed my on my cheek, which should not count. Looked very matte on my skin my greasy Tzone didn't even break and make me look oily either. I was very happy with this product longevity it was very silky didn't look cake on me either. The coverage of this is very buildable, with a concealer this would be very medium-full if you have some acne troubles. If you have flawless skin to start out with this would be defiantly full coverage for you. 


Tarte - Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen I've tried a lot of BB creams, by far this is the best one I've put on my face. It's light weight and with concealer underneath it can be light - medium coverage.Used my fingers to apply this product as well, I used a brush to feather blended down my neck but didn't need too. It blended very nicely with out taking a brush to those tricky spots. I set this a little with my Ben Nye banana powder, but I also used Cover Girl loose powder to set everything. I will be purchasing this one, I find this is the best match for what I'm looking for, 


How this wore :   This wore a lot better than Garnier BB cream which what I used prior of my hunt for a good BB/foundation.The Garnier one is great but with my skin problems lately I'd rather just stick to a good product that down the road will be better for my skin. Compared to the Garnier BB cream the Tarte one when applying sets up way better I find, doesn't take for ever to settle. The Tarte one stayed on my skin for a long period I go out a lot on weekends that tend to lead into long parting, didn't need to touch this up or didn't get greasy in my problem areas. 


BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - - Sad but never got to try this one. I had it for maybe 3 days and each day I tried a different one this was the last one to try out. I noticed something different that the tub was covered in a grease substance, but didn't think anything of it. So I opened the little container and it was dry as a bone, couldn't get anything out of it it was like dry paint it just flaked out of the container. So the product seperated I guess it wasn't even useable.One good thing is it was sample and not the product itself, because I would be disappointed if I got this product and it did this.

How it wore : Not so good didn't even get to try this * Will be taking to Sephora to tell them what happened. 
Pictures follow order from Top : Tarte Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturize SPF 15
 and Amazonian clay foundation SPF 20 and  Bare minerals SPF 20 



Sites ;

No comments:

Post a Comment