Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Using food and ingredients #3 ~ Olive Oil

Ladies 

This is number 3 of the 5 I'm sharing of house hold and food ingredients that will help with beauty. Number 3 is Extra Virgin Olive Oil, there is so many things you can do with this product. I'm going to share my favorite that I use it for. 

Warm EVOO hair treatment - 
  1. Warm about a half a cup of olive oil in a microwaveable bowl or cup. The olive oil should be warm but not hot to the touch. If you have fine hair or prefer a lighter treatment, add coconut, sweet almond or jojoba oil.
  2. Pour one tablespoon of the olive oil mixture into the palm of your hands.
  3. Starting with your scalp, massage the oil into your hair in a circular motion using your fingertips. Finish by massaging the tips of your hair.
  4. Place your oil-drenched hair into a shower cap or wrap it with plastic wrap.
  5. Let the olive oil sit for between 5–45 minutes, then rinse and shampoo as usual.

Face mask 
Suffering from dry skin or live in a dry environment, you must try out this simple homemade recipe. It works wonders on your skin leaving it soft, moisturized and radiant.  
 Ingredients: 
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of honey 
1 teaspoon of olive oil 

Preparation:
  1. Separate the yolk from the egg white in a bowl. 
  2. Beat the yolk with a fork.
  3. Add the honey and olive oil.
  4. Make sure your face is washed & make up removed before you apply the mask.
  5. Apply the mask evenly on your face. ( you can use a pastry or BBQ brush ) 
  6. Leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes.
  7. Rinse it off with warm water.
  8. Pat your face dry with a towel.

Moisturizer in the winter 

I live in Canad so our winters are really harsh, my skin totally feels this specially after shaving. For an extra kick of moisture specially when the lotions and potions aren't working for me. I use olive oil just on paper towel all over my legs. Not enough to be all over everything but just enough that I can spread evenly and soak into my skin. I also use it for a lip balm at night, I get a little on my finger and spread it all over my lips. 

Make up remover 
Few drops of extra virgin olive oil on a cotton ball or pad go a long way to remove makeup and impurities. Wipe face in a circular motion. Take extra precaution around the eye: place the cotton pad against your closed eye for 10 seconds and gently wipe. Than follow up with you night routine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment