Sunday, 21 October 2012

Roasting pumpkin seeds

Hey Girls 

Now that I'm getting older and going out trick or treating is passed me, there is something I always look forward too. The smell of the house when you roast pumpkin seeds, just brings me back when my mom use to do them for me. Now that I can do them on my own, thought I would share this close to heart favorite snack. They are so tasty, you can use different spices to make them your own. They are a quick, easy, healthy snack that you don't need fancy cooking terms to master. I love how fast this snack is to do and everyone seems to love them as a quick palm full while watching Tv or your favorite movie. Fast simple snack that the whole family will love.  ♥ Kt 
Image
Prepping the pumpkin seeds:
  • Separate the seeds from the stringy pumpkin insides.
  • Put seeds in a bowl or colander and rinse under a faucet to remove any remaining pumpkin.
  • Lay seeds out on paper towels to dry ( next day is better ) 
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
  2.  Lay dried out pumpkin seeds evenly on a cooking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Or you can melt some butter. Coat seeds with coarse or fine salt and bake till golden done. 
  3.  Store in the fridge in a Tupperware container will last up to a week. 
Other spices you can use.-
- Cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon
- Garlic Powder / Onion powder 
- Paprika 
- Wasabi powder 
* Hope these suggestions makes pumpkin seed roasting fun for the whole family. This is a great way to get you children into the kitchen and help.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE PUMPKIN SEEDS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never rosted my own pumpkin seeds. I'd love to try this if we ever decide to carve pumpkins this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annnnd now I want to crack open my pumpkin and eat the seeds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete